One month before moving
- Collect moving supplies such as boxes, tape, rope and newspapers are handy for wrapping breakable goods.
- If moving far away, make any necessary travel arrangements like airline, hotel, and car rental reservations.
- Select a removal company.
- Finalise real estate and rental needs.
- Place legal, medical, and insurance records in a safe and accessible place.
- Give the post office your new mailing address, and arrange mail forwarding.
- Give senders your new address.
- Notify friends and family of your new address.
- Notify banks, insurance companies and other financial institutions of your new address.
- Inform your doctor, dentist, and other service providers.
- State and Federal Tax authorities and any other government agencies as needed.
- Save moving receipts (many moving expenses are tax deductible).
- Make maps of your new neighborhood to familiarise yourself and your family with your new area.
- Plan your moving budget.
Request quotes from removal companies now!